１．Toshiba Group Corporate Policy
Toshiba Group Companies shall:
1. comply with all applicable laws and regulations associated with patent law, copyright law and other intellectual property rights (Note) laws; and
2. protect the results of intellectual activities with intellectual property rights, make extensive use of those rights, and respect the legitimate intellectual property rights of third parties.
２．SOC for Toshiba Group Directors and Employees
Directors and Employees shall:
1. proactively acquire and utilize intellectual property rights in order to strengthen business competitiveness;
2. understand and observe company rules providing that intellectual property rights in any invention, utility model, design for or actual work, such as mask work (i.e., the layout of an integrated circuit chip), computer program or digital content, that is determined to have been made by anyone during the period of his or her services for or employment by a Toshiba Group Company, and the ability to apply for such rights, belong to the Toshiba Group Company;
3. adequately maintain intellectual property rights and take appropriate measures against infringement of these rights by a third party; and
4. respect and take due care of the legitimate intellectual property rights of third parties.
Herein, "intellectual property rights" means patent rights, utility model rights, design patent rights, trademarks, copyrights, mask work rights, trade secrets, and any other such rights.