- Formulated Toshiba AI Governance Statement
- Sustainability Management Division and transferred operations of Sustainability Management Office to the division.
- Reviewed sustainability management structure.
- Established Sustainability Policy.
- Identified new material issues.
- Commenced the Seventh Environmental Action Plan.
- Partially revised the Environmental Future Vision 2050
- Fully revised Toshiba Group Green Procurement Guidelines
- Developed KPIs based on new material issues
- Formulated Toshiba Group Human Rights Policy
- Renamed CSR Management Office to Sustainability Management Office.
- Revised Toshiba Group Conflict Mineral Policy to Toshiba Group Responsible Minerals Sourcing Policy.
- Issued a statement based on the Australian Modern Slavery Act.
- Formulated Toshiba Group’s Environmental Future Vision 2050.
- Integrated CSR Report and Environmental Report, and published Sustainability Report.
- Acquired approval of the Science Based Targets (SBT) initiative.
- Announced endorsement of the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
- Formulated the Essence of Toshiba.
- Established SDGs managers in key Group companies and strengthened SDG-related initiatives.
- Formulated the Sixth Environmental Action Plan.
- Incurred losses in the nuclear business; implemented various initiatives to identify the cause of the issue and to develop remedial measures.
- Issued a statement based on the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Started investigation into the cause of accounting issue, and addressing various measures for recurrence prevention.
- Held seminars to explain Global Compact and RBA Code of Conduct for both suppliers and people from Toshiba Group companies.
- Revised Standards of Conduct for Toshiba Group and added Respect for Human Rights as Article 1.
- Revised Toshiba Group Procurement Policy and requested some 10,000 suppliers (cumulative numbers) to abide by this revised content.
- Commenced Toshiba Group Simultaneous Social Contribution Activities.
- Organized Business & Human Rights Workshop for human resource managers from 9 Asian countries.
- Newly established Social Contributions by Business category to Social Contribution Award.
- Introduced T-Compass, a new concept of environmental management
- Conducted surveys to some 10,000 suppliers regarding their approaches to issues related to conflict minerals and CSR promotion.
- Formulated the Fifth Environmental Action Plan.
- Established Toshiba Group Conflict Mineral Policy.
- Revised Toshiba Group Procurement Policy and requested that suppliers continue to promote CSR in the supply chain.
- Became a member of the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA).
- Strengthened CSR management based on the principles of ISO 26000.
- Introduced a system for visualizing working hours.
- Expanded UD advisor system to include non-Japanese employees.
- Established the global brand eco style.
- Formulated Toshiba Group Biodiversity Guidelines.
- Established Sign Language Club.
- Enforced the requirement to leave the office at the regular time for at least two days during the Family Week in Japan.
- Collaborated with NPOs to promote experiential science education (Supporting the activities of experiential science education research organizations).
- Conducted the 1st Toshiba Cup Contest among students specializing in science and math education at teacher-training universities in China to present their creative teaching plans.
- Implemented on-site CSR audit (related to human rights, occupational health and safety, the environment) of suppliers in Thailand.
- Published Environmental Report.
- Made an announcement to allow the peak out of Toshiba Group’s greenhouse gas emissions in 2012 and thereafter reduce the absolute emissions.
- Formulated Toshiba Group Environmental Vision 2050.
- Structures and systems for Quality Control at Toshiba Group is reinforced.
- Fulfilled Statutory Ratio of Employment of People with Disabilities in all the subject Group Companies in Japan.
- Established Toshiba Group CSR Month.
- Established the Clean Partner Line, a whistleblower system for suppliers and other business partners.
- Launched Toshiba Group 1.5 Million Tree-planting Project.
- Strengthened the New EASTER comprehensive audit system.
- Established Toshiba With Co., Ltd., a special subsidiary for employment of people with disabilities.
- Held Toshiba Group CSR Conference.
- Newly established Toshiba “ASHITA” Award.
- Participated in the Eco-Products International Fair.
- Published CSR Report.
- Established an organization dedicated to promotion of equal opportunity.
- Established Toshiba Group Procurement Policy based on CSR.
- Announced Toshiba Group Environmental Vision 2010.
- Formulated the Fourth Voluntary Environmental Plan.
- Adopted a company with committees system.
- Established CSR Division.
- Introduced Factor T, an eco-efficiency indicator.
- Joined UN Global Compact.
- Joined Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), an international CSR association based in the U.S.
- Introduced internal free agent system.
- Achieved zero emissions of waste.
- Integrated Toshiba Standards of Business Conduct and Toshiba International Standards of Conduct.
- Established corporate risk management system.
- Introduced environmental accounting.
- Introduced green procurement.
- Introduced in-house company system.
- Established Environmentally Conscious Products (ECPs) Standards.
- Issued Green Procurement Guidelines.
- Established Toshiba Customer Information Center.
- Introduced corporate officer system.
- Published Environmental Report.
- Obtained ISO 14001 certification.
- ISO 14001 certification is obtained.
- Formulated the First Voluntary Environmental Plan.
- Started ExploraVision Award in the U.S.
- Introduced family-care leave, child-care leave and short-time working hours systems.
- Held the First Corporate Environmental Protection Council.
- Established Toshiba Thai Foundation.
- Started the First Toshiba Group Environmental Exhibition.
- Established Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group and the slogan.
- Established Toshiba Standards of Business Conduct and Toshiba International Standards of Conduct.
- Established Toshiba America Foundation.
- Established Basic Policy for Environmental Protection.
- Introduced environmental auditing.
- Established Toshiba International Foundation.
- Established Environmental Protection Center.
- Introduced Toshiba Group Health and Safety Convention.
- Established Toshiba Management Philosophy.
- Established Consumers Department.