- Formulated Toshiba AI Governance Statement
- Sustainability Management Division and transferred operations of Sustainability Management Office to the division.
- Reviewed sustainability management structure.
- Established Sustainability Policy.
- Identified new material issues.
- Commenced the Seventh Environmental Action Plan.
- Partially revised the Environmental Future Vision 2050
- Fully revised Toshiba Group Green Procurement Guidelines
- Developed KPIs based on new material issues
- Formulated Toshiba Group Human Rights Policy
- Renamed CSR Management Office to Sustainability Management Office.
- Revised Toshiba Group Conflict Mineral Policy to Toshiba Group Responsible Minerals Sourcing Policy.
- Issued a statement based on the Australian Modern Slavery Act.
- Formulated Toshiba Group’s Environmental Future Vision 2050.
- Integrated CSR Report and Environmental Report, and published Sustainability Report.
- Acquired approval of the Science Based Targets (SBT) initiative.
- Announced endorsement of the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
- Formulated the Essence of Toshiba.
- Established SDGs managers in key Group companies and strengthened SDG-related initiatives.
- Formulated the Sixth Environmental Action Plan.
- Incurred losses in the nuclear business; implemented various initiatives to identify the cause of the issue and to develop remedial measures.
- Issued a statement based on the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Started investigation into the cause of accounting issue, and addressing various measures for recurrence prevention.
- Held seminars to explain Global Compact and RBA Code of Conduct for both suppliers and people from Toshiba Group companies.
- Revised Standards of Conduct for Toshiba Group and added Respect for Human Rights as Article 1.
- Revised Toshiba Group Procurement Policy and requested some 10,000 suppliers (cumulative numbers) to abide by this revised content.
- Commenced Toshiba Group Simultaneous Social Contribution Activities.
- Organized Business & Human Rights Workshop for human resource managers from 9 Asian countries.
- Newly established Social Contributions by Business category to Social Contribution Award.
- Introduced T-Compass, a new concept of environmental management
- Conducted surveys to some 10,000 suppliers regarding their approaches to issues related to conflict minerals and CSR promotion.
- Formulated the Fifth Environmental Action Plan.
- Established Toshiba Group Conflict Mineral Policy.
- Revised Toshiba Group Procurement Policy and requested that suppliers continue to promote CSR in the supply chain.
- Became a member of the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA).
- Strengthened CSR management based on the principles of ISO 26000.
- Introduced a system for visualizing working hours.
- Expanded UD advisor system to include non-Japanese employees.
- Established the global brand eco style.
- Formulated Toshiba Group Biodiversity Guidelines.
- Established Sign Language Club.
- Enforced the requirement to leave the office at the regular time for at least two days during the Family Week in Japan.
- Collaborated with NPOs to promote experiential science education (Supporting the activities of experiential science education research organizations).
- Conducted the 1st Toshiba Cup Contest among students specializing in science and math education at teacher-training universities in China to present their creative teaching plans.
- Implemented on-site CSR audit (related to human rights, occupational health and safety, the environment) of suppliers in Thailand.
- Published Environmental Report.
- Made an announcement to allow the peak out of Toshiba Group’s greenhouse gas emissions in 2012 and thereafter reduce the absolute emissions.
- Formulated Toshiba Group Environmental Vision 2050.
- Structures and systems for Quality Control at Toshiba Group is reinforced.
- Fulfilled Statutory Ratio of Employment of People with Disabilities in all the subject Group Companies in Japan.
- Established Toshiba Group CSR Month.
- Established the Clean Partner Line, a whistleblower system for suppliers and other business partners.
- Launched Toshiba Group 1.5 Million Tree-planting Project.
- Strengthened the New EASTER comprehensive audit system.
- Established Toshiba With Co., Ltd., a special subsidiary for employment of people with disabilities.
- Held Toshiba Group CSR Conference.
- Newly established Toshiba “ASHITA” Award.
- Participated in the Eco-Products International Fair.
- Published CSR Report.
- Established an organization dedicated to promotion of equal opportunity.
- Established Toshiba Group Procurement Policy based on CSR.
- Announced Toshiba Group Environmental Vision 2010.
- Formulated the Fourth Voluntary Environmental Plan.
- Adopted a company with committees system.
- Established CSR Division.
- Introduced Factor T, an eco-efficiency indicator.
- Joined UN Global Compact.
- Joined Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), an international CSR association based in the U.S.
- Introduced internal free agent system.
- Achieved zero emissions of waste.
- Integrated Toshiba Standards of Business Conduct and Toshiba International Standards of Conduct.
- Established corporate risk management system.
- Introduced environmental accounting.
- Introduced green procurement.
- Introduced in-house company system.
- Established Environmentally Conscious Products (ECPs) Standards.
- Issued Green Procurement Guidelines.
- Established Toshiba Customer Information Center.
- Introduced corporate officer system.
- Published Environmental Report.
- Obtained ISO 14001 certification.
- ISO 14001 certification is obtained.
- Formulated the First Voluntary Environmental Plan.
- Started ExploraVision Award in the U.S.
- Introduced family-care leave, child-care leave and short-time working hours systems.
- Held the First Corporate Environmental Protection Council.
- Established Toshiba Thai Foundation.
- Started the First Toshiba Group Environmental Exhibition.
- Established Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group and the slogan.
- Established Toshiba Standards of Business Conduct and Toshiba International Standards of Conduct.
- Established Toshiba America Foundation.
- Established Basic Policy for Environmental Protection.
- Introduced environmental auditing.
- Established Toshiba International Foundation.
- Established Environmental Protection Center.
- Introduced Toshiba Group Health and Safety Convention.
- Established Toshiba Management Philosophy.
- Established Consumers Department.
Questionnaire for Sustainability Website
Your comments and suggestions will be appreciated.
Your responses will be SSL encrypted and protected. If your browser does not support SSL or if your network connection is via an intranet protected by a firewall, you may not be able to access the questionnaire page.
Your comments and suggestions may be referred to in the next report.