SCADA for Power Supply System
There are two types of power management systems that can be adopted depending on the number of substations that will be managed. (1) A client/server type that uses a general-purpose server as the central processing unit is adopted for large-scale systems, and (2) a server-less type is adopted for small-scale systems to automatically monitor and control the power system, thereby realizing quick and safe processing.Toshiba is constructing a system through the use of highly reliable remote terminal units between control stations and substations, and through the use of control panels, which carry out reliable equipment control, at the substations.
- The central processing unit (server), console (client or server-less), and the remote terminal unit are configured with enhanced redundancy. This allows for continued operation of the monitoring and control system even in the event of abnormal equipment failure. The system can be operated in parallel with actual operations, test operations (maintenance), or training operations for command staff, and can respond to flexible operation schedules.
- As a disaster countermeasure, the communication transmission path of the remote terminal unit is configured as a loop to ensure high reliability against failures. In addition, even if all the functions of the command center malfunction, monitoring and control operations can be continued by connecting a portable device (notebook PC) to the remote terminal unit at the substation.
- By interfacing with multiple systems, such as power management systems, operation management systems, and maintenance work management systems, it is possible to provide an integrated system for electric railways linked with maintenance work.
- With the information distribution system using the customer's internal LAN, it is possible to check the monitoring results anywhere using external devices such as tablets.
- Uses a general-purpose OS and software system with high maintainability.
- The interface is user-friendly and easy to read and operate.
- To prevent unauthorized access, a strong firewall and authorization through login management is adopted to achieve high security management.
- Available in two languages, Japanese and English, and can be provided to customers in Japan and overseas.
Benefits & Value
- Labor saving through automation.
- Flexible system configuration for both large and small scale.
- Integrated system that can be linked with other systems.
- Able to respond to the unique operations of electric railway companies.
- High quality, long life, and long term maintenance through the use of general-purpose industrial computers.