Solutions for Industrial Field
Wastewater Treatment and Water Recycling
10,000 m3/day Design-Build-Operate CETRP1 Phase-1 Project
- Sohar, Sultanate of Oman
- 1st Successful Industrial Wastewater Treatment and Recycling Plant in Oman -
We, Toshiba, meet our customer needs with technical expertise and extensive experience while achieving both economic efficiency and environmental preservation
- The cost-effective wastewater treatment plant produces recycled water to industries at a competitive price.
- Client risks are minimized by offering effective DBO (*1) contracts.
- Our project complies with new environmental regulations in Oman.
- (*1) DBO: Design Build Operate
|Majis Industrial Services SAOC
|Wastewater treatment: 10,000 m3/day (phase1)
Production of recycled water: 7,500 m3/day
|Year of Delivery
|Biological wastewater treatment plant of 10,000 m3/day capacity and recycling plant (reverse osmosis) produce 7,500 m3/day of process water with very low TDS (less than 25 ppm).
Wastewater discharged from petrochemical, power, fertilizer, methanol, steel and iron processing plants must be treated with domestic sewage.
Majis Industrial Services SAOC provides water and wastewater services at Sohar Industrial Port Area (SIPA).
Majis is also responsible for monitoring, collecting, treating, recycling and reusing wastewater to the extent possible at SIPA by the policy makers of the government of Oman.
- Implement pollution control measures to protect the SIPA's water environment.
- Offer affordable water tariffs to clients.
Current Issues in Oman
Oman is one of the most water scarce nations in the MENA region with only 416 m3 water/person/year, compared to average 1,429 m 3 water/person/year in the rest of the region. Industries in SIPA, such as petrochemical, power, fertilizer, methanol, steel and iron processing plants, require cooling and process water for non-stop operation. Among environmental issues, more emphasis is put on air pollution and water discharge. From January 2014, laws and regulations in Oman prohibit the discharge of wastewater other than brine and cooling water to the marine environment. This policy change implies that treated wastewater can no longer be discharged into the ocean.
- Comply with new environmental regulations that prohibit the discharge of wastewater other than brine and cooling water in Oman's waters while maintaining the water environment and meeting industrial water demands.
- Build a cost-effective wastewater treatment plant to produce recycled water to industries at a competitive price.
- Minimize client risks related to the operation of wastewater treatment and recycling plants.
Recycling of wastewater
Recycle wastewater in order to effectively reduce the environmental impact of discharges, and produce water at a lower cost, compared to seawater desalination.
Reliability of recycling technology
Comply with the prohibition on the discharge of industrial wastewater into the marine environment, and provide reliable and cost-efficient solutions.
Ensure recycled wastewater quality meets customer needs and expectations through the system.
Photos of CETRP1 Phase-1
The Project CETRP1 Phase-1 is currently in operation to produce extremely high quality (TDS less than 25 ppm) process water for reuse in industries.
- All products, services and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- The information contained herein is presented only as a guide for the applications of our products. No responsibility is assumed by Toshiba for any infringements of patents or other rights of the third parties which may result from its use. No license is granted by implication or otherwise under any patent or patent rights of Toshiba or others.
- Our products should not be embedded into other products of which production or sale is prohibited by law.
- Toshiba does not take any responsibility for incidental damage (including loss of business profit, business interruption, loss of business information, and other pecuniary damage) arising out of the use or disability to use Toshiba products.
- All information including specifications herein are subject to change without notice.
- All information is based on data as November 2017.
Leaflet of Industrial Wastewater Treatment and Recycling Plant in Oman
Please download the leaflet of Industrial Waste Recycling Plant in Oman.
- Project Overview
- Customer Overview
- Current Issues in Oman
- Customer Requirements
- Proposed Solutions
- Solution Contribution
- Photos of CETRP1 Phase-1
Industrial Waste Recycle Plant in Oman (PDF)(1.0MB)
Personal data received from customers is encrypted and protected by SSL.
You might not be able to use the inquiry form if your browser does not support SSL or if you access this website from a corporate network protected by a firewall.
Your email address is required to download the brochure.
With our expertise and rich experience in water and sewerage infrastructure development in Japan, we conduct business on a global scale.
We operate worldwide, and enhance capacity to provide the best solution to meet the needs of our clients.
We contribute to the creation of environmentally advanced communities with sustainable water infrastructure in response to regional, cultural and environmental requirements.