Sanitary electromagnetic flowmeters LF490 series are designed for applications handling food and beverages.
Sanitary flowmeters must be structured in such a way that operation and handling is simple, easy and thorough for the purpose of sanitary control such as cleaning (CIP/SIP), sterilization and drying.
The sanitary flowmeter has features provided with normal electromagnetic flowmeters and by using sanitary fittings for pipeline connections fluid does not remain in any place along the detector pipeline.Therefore, it is fit for flowrate measurement for food and beverages.
With the "Functional Magnetic Field Distribution" technology, LF490 is strong against unstable flow.
Combined with a multi-functional converter LF620 (Combined type) or LF622 (Separate type) equipped with its original Noise-suppression Circuit & Advanced Algorithms, The LF490 has a very high tolerance to noise, giving the unit a very stable output even for slurry fluid measurement.
The AF900 Hand-held terminal (HART(*1) Communicator) can be used for remote control. PROFIBUS-PA(*2) or Modbus(*3) interface is available as an option.
- *1 HART protocol (Highway Addressable Remote Transducer) is a communication protocol for industrial sensors recommended by the HCF (HART Communication Foundation).
- *2 PROFIBUS is the communication protocol for factory automation and process automation that the PROFIBUS Organization recommends.
Instead of analog control with a conventional analog signal (4-20mA), it is one kind of the fieldbus which digitizes all signals.
Flowmeters support PROFIBUS-PA.
- *3 Modbus is the communication protocol that Modicon Inc. developed.
Physical layer is RS485.
Main Specifications (LF490)
Main Specifications (LF490) List
This table can be scrolled horizontally.
|Connection method||Sanitary Clamp type (ISO2852)|
|Meter size||25mm, 40mm, 50mm, 80mm, 100mm|
|Measuring range in terms of flow velocity||0-0.3m/s to 0-10m/s (0-0.1m/s to 0-0.3m/s as option)|
|Accuracy||+/-0.2 % of Rate
* This pulse output error result is established under standard operating conditions at Toshiba's admitted flow calibration facility.
* Individual meter measurement error may vary up to +/-0.5% of Rate at 1.64ft/s (0.5m/s) or more and +/-0.3% of rate +/-0.039 inch/s (1mm/s) at 1.64 ft/s (0.5 m/s) or less.
* Current output: plus +/- 8μA (0.05% of span.)
* Refer to individual calibration data for each individual meter's measurement error.
|Lining and sealing materials||Linings: Telfon PFA (FDA approved)
Seal gaskets: Silicon rubber (FDA approved)
|Fluid temperature||-10 to +120℃|
|Ambient tempearture||-20 to +60℃|
|Power consumption||10W (14VA) at AC100V and Exciation current: 0.2A|
|Power supply||AC100V to AC240V, 50/60Hz (Standard) Allowable voltage AC80V to AC264V
DC24V (Option) Allowable voltage DC18V to DC36V
DC110V (Option) Allowable voltage DC90V to DC130V