- Operation plan
Energy-efficient train run-curve generation
Generates run curves that achieve both energy efficiency and time regularity.
- By combinational optimization, generates energy efficient run curves in keeping with various customer needs.
- Energy efficient run curves are applied in Driver Advisory Systems (DAS) to support train drivers’ operations.
- Click the “Play” button to play the video.
- Generates run curves in Driver Advisory Systems (DAS).
- Generates run curves in Automatic Train Operation (ATO).
- Generates run curves in train transport plans. (TrueLine® SaaS Service, a Transit Planning ICT Solution) (Toshiba Digital Solutions Corporation)
Benchmarks, strengths, and track record
- Won 1st International Railway Symposium Aachen, 2017(IRSA2017), Best Paper Award.
- In overseas running tests, achieved a 10% reduction in energy consumption during regular operations.
Please include the title “Toshiba AI Technology Catalog: Energy-efficient train run curve generation” or the URL in the inquiry text.
Please note that because this technology is currently the subject of R&D activities, immediate responses to inquiries may not be possible.
- “Development of railway driving advisory system for energy saving”, Toshiba Review, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHTS 2016, p.43
- “Trial runs with eco-driving profile at Combois de Portugal (CP), Toshiba Review, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHTS 2014, p.28
- “ATO System for Improvement of Riding Comfort and Stopping Position Accuracy and EE Train Operation Control System for Highly Efficient Train Operations”, Toshiba Review, Vol. 71 No. 4 (2016) (PDF/464KB) in Japanese
- “Railway Energy Solutions and Energy-efficient Railway Systems”, Energy and Resources, Vol. 40, No. 1 (2019) in Japanese
- “Driver Assistant —Trial Results of Eco-driving System in a Foreign Country—”, The Journal of the Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, Vol. 137, No. 3 (2017) in Japanese
- Toshiba Review, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHTS 2014
- Toshiba Review, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHTS 2016
- ITS World Congress (October 2013)
- SICE Multi-Symposium (March 2014) in Japanese
- Railway Cybernetics and Symposiums (November 2014) in Japanese
- IRSA 2017 (November 2017)