Revised: April 1, 2020
Established: October 25, 2001
Toshiba Digital Solutions Corp. (hereinafter referred to as Our Company) believes that it is its social responsibility as well as the basis of our business activities to protect personal data.
Our Company hereby declares that it establishes a personal data protection policy to protect and manage personal data appropriately and securely.
- Comply with laws and regulations.
As a company which has acquired the Privacy Mark, Our Company complies with the laws concerning personal data handling, the guideline established by Japanese government, and other rules.
- Establish internal regulations, and ensure that all officers and employees (hereinafter referred
to as employees) recognize the regulations.
Our Company shall establish a control system concerning personal data protection, set internal regulations, and implement and steadfastly maintain a personal data protection management system. At the same time, Our Company shall continue to review and improve these systems.
- Handle personal data for intended use.
Our Company shall clearly indicate the intended use and deal with your personal data you have provided to the extent necessary to achieve the intended use. Our Company shall not disclose or provide the personal data to third parties without consent of customers and employees, except when disclosure or provision is requested by laws and regulations.
- Control personal data safely.
Our Company shall take organizational and technical safety measures, prevent illegal access, leak, loss or damage of such data, and continue to improve information security in order to ensure safety and accuracy of personal data.
- Respond to inquiries from customers sincerely.
Our Company shall sincerely respond to any inquiries on personal data and to any requests of disclosure, correction, cessation of use, and deletion of personal data made by customers and employees.
President and Chief Executive Officer
TOSHIBA DIGITAL SOLUTIONS CORPORATION
The Privacy Mark
In January 2002, Our Company acquired Privacy Mark.
The Privacy Mark is awarded to companies that appropriately handle personal data by Japan Information Processing Development Corporation (currently, Japan Institute for Promotion of Economy and Community) (JIPDEC).
Provision of Personal Data
1. Intended Use of Personal Data
Our Company intends to use personal data of customers solely for the following purposes:
- Proper execution of agreement on contracted operations in case of being commissioned to handle personal data in part or whole by other companies.
- Execution of contracts
- Business communication, negotiations or meetings with customers
- Sending information about product, support or services
- Sending information about exhibitions and seminars held by Our Company
- Conduct of questionnaire surveys, implementation of product and service monitoring programs
- Sending e-mail newsletters requested by the customer
- Responses to inquiries and requests from customers
- Other intended uses clearly indicated by Our Company in advance, to which the customer has given prior consent. When the need to use a customer's personal data for any purpose that goes beyond the stated purpose of use arises, Our Company notifies the customer to that effect and obtains the customer's consent before using the information for such purpose.
2. Disclosure and Provision of Personal Data
(1) Our Company does not disclose or provide customers' personal data to third parties except in the following cases.
- When the customer has given prior consent to the disclosure
- When complying with laws and regulations
- When disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, human health or property, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- When Our Company consigns the handling of personal data to outside companies in accordance with a consignment agreement. In this case, Our Company concludes an agreement on the handling of personal data, appropriately supervises the personal data so that such data is controlled safely at the place of the consignee, and selects a consignee who meets the criteria established by Our Company,
- When another entity succeeds to the business of Our Company due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise.
(2) Notwithstanding (1) above, when it is deemed that an inquiry from a customer concerning products, repairs, or service can be more appropriately dealt with by an affiliate or distributor, Our Company may provide the customer's name, address, telephone number and other information to the affiliate or distributor. In such a case, the customer may request us to stop disclosing such information to such affiliate or distributor.
General Manager, Information Security Center: Takashi Amano
Inquiries Concerning Personal Data
- Customers should direct inquiries or complaints concerning their personal data to the division with which they have registered the data.
- Inquiries when the division where you have registered personal data is unclear or inquiries about the Personal Data Protection Policy in general should be directed to Inquiries to Toshiba Digital Solutions Corp. below.
Procedures for Requests for Disclosure etc.
Our Company complies with the following requests from customers concerning the customer's personal data held by us, pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. Please refer to Procedures concerning Requests for Disclosure etc., by Documents for details of request procedures and how to obtain request forms specified by Our Company.
Please note that there is a fee charged for 1) Requests for disclosure and 2) Requests for notification of intended use.
- Request for disclosure
- Request for notification of intended use
- Request for correction
- Request for addition
- Request for deletion
- Request for cessation of use or cessation of disclosure to third parties
Encryption of Transmission
In case Our Company receives personal data from customers, the website uses encryption technology such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) /TLS (Transport Layer Security) and the personal data of customers is protected. It may not be possible to access the page from browsers that do not support SSL/TLS or other technologies.
- "Web beacons" or "Clear GIF" is an invisible GIF that tells us how many visitors visited the page or access certain contents. Our Company may also use these Web Beacons or other technologies to tailor the site to provide better customer service.
- Our Company may use the customer's IP address recorded on the web server (the number which can identify
the computer used by the customer) for the following purposes. The IP address cannot identify the user
- Detect the cause to solve a problem that occurred with the web server.
- Manage the web server.
- Our Company may use web beacon and script technologies along with IP addresses on its website in order
to collect and analyze visitors’ or users’ browsing history and usage of websites, as well as use such
data in conjunction with personal information such as e-mail addresses obtained under their consent for
the following purposes.
However, Our Company guarantees that no personal information, which can identify individuals, including names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses, will be obtained without consent.
- To obtain statistical information to improve websites
- To provide appropriate information to customers
- To provide information, such as on the introduction of service/sales activities
- To deliver advertising or carry out sales promotions
provide warning whenever cookies are being received. Web beacons will still detect visits to these pages
but we do not use this technology to access personally identifiable information.
- Please note that some services provided by Our Company may not be available if the customer does not provide personal data.
- Children 15 years old or under should provide their personal data to Our Company only after obtaining the consent of a parent or guardian.
- When Our Company supports customers by phone, the customers' phone calls may be recorded so that their comments and requests can be accurately understood
- Our Company disclaims any responsibility for the security of customers' personal data used on third party websites that are linked from Our Company's website.
- From time to time Our Company may revise the Personal Data Protection Policy to better protect customers' personal data and to comply with changes in the applicable laws and regulations.
- Unless otherwise specified, use of this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with
the laws of Japan.
Unless otherwise specified, the Tokyo District Court shall be exclusively the court of first jurisdiction for all disputes related to this website.
Inquiries Concerning Personal Data
Please read the following notes before making an inquiry.
Personal Data Protection Group, TOSHIBA DIGITAL SOLUTIONS CORPORATION
Business Hours: 9:00-17:00 (except Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, and company holidays)