- Operation and Control
Model-based A/C control
Controls A/C facilities to achieve both comfort and energy conservation.
- Creates an energy model for all elements of A/C facilities as a single system.
- Calculates operational settings to minimize energy consumption while maintaining comfort.
Results of verification tests at the Lazona Kawasaki Toshiba Building (2. Model-based A/C energy conservation control) (Toshiba Infrastructure Systems & Solutions Corporation) (in Japanese)
- A/C systems in buildings, railways, etc.
- Heat source systems at plants, etc.
Benchmarks, strengths, and track record
- Received the 2016 Energy Conservation Grand Prize “Energy Conservation Center Chairman’s Award” (received jointly by Nomura Real Estate Development Co., Ltd., Nikken Sekkei, Obayashi Corporation, and the Toshiba Group’s NREG Toshiba Building Co., Ltd. (currently Nomura Real Estate Building Co. Ltd.)).
- 2015 Society of Heating, Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan Conference Outstanding Lecture Award
Please include the title “Toshiba AI Technology Catalog: Model-based A/C control technologies” or the URL in the inquiry text.
Please note that because this technology is currently the subject of R&D activities, immediate responses to inquiries may not be possible.
- Shingo Tamaru et.al.; “Verification of Energy-Saving Effect Achieved by Model-Based Air-Conditioning Control Function of “Smart BEMS””, Toshiba Review, Vol. 70, No. 2, 2015
- Toshiba ZEB case study (Toshiba Infrastructure Systems & Solutions Corporation) (in Japanese)
- Shingo Tamaru et.al.; “Evaluation of Model-Based Air-Conditioning Control for Heat-Source and Air-Conditioning System”, 2015 Society of Heating, Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan Conference Academic Lecture and Paper Compilation, D-59
- Shingo Tamaru et.al.; “The Energy Saving Control Method of Air Conditioning System with Outdoor Air Handling Units and Multi Air Conditioners for Buildings”, Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan National Conference Lecture Compilation, 2013-4, p. 337-338