News and Topics
Toshiba Group's Response to COVID-19
Updated August 14, 2020
The Toshiba Group is responding to COVID-19 in ways that ensure employee safety and contribute to society. Some examples can be seen here. If you are interested in a specific group company, please contact them directly. You can find contact information here.
- July 9, 2020 - Toshiba Digital Solutions Corporation releases the distributed co-simulation platform for the automotive industry - Enables remotely operated joint digital prototyping and a new type of automotive development for the post-coronavirus world (press release)
- June 5, 2020 - The new factory for the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) antigen test kit
- April 16, 2020 - Reduction of Business Days in April at Toshiba Corporation and Toshiba Group Companies in Japan - To contain the spread of COVID-19, Toshiba Group revises domestic business calendar to reduce interpersonal contacts across the Group (press release)
- April 8, 2020 - Toshiba Group’s Response to COVID-19 in Japan (Japanese)
- April 15, 2020 - Toshiba International Corporation Pty., Ltd. has introduced a voluntary flu vaccination initiative for employees for the first time. The program serves to protect the health of employees and also assist the community, as it aims to alleviate the strain on the healthcare system and protect the wider community during this pandemic.
- March 10, 2020 - Toshiba Carrier Air-Conditioning Sales (Shanghai) Co., Ltd supports its dealers so that they can survive and recover from the coronavirus impact.
- February 13, 2020 - Toshiba group companies and employees in China donated approximately CNY1,000,000 to support the fight against coronavirus. (press release: Japanese, Chinese)
- June 22, 2020 - Toshiba Transmission and Distribution Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd. contributes INR 20 lakhs (US$26,596) to Telangana Chief Minister Relief Fund to support the fight against COVID-19. (press release)
- May 29, 2020 - Toshiba JSW Power System Pvt. Ltd. pledged INR 5lakhs (US$6,649) to the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Relief Fund to support the fight against COVID-19, and donated INR 25lakhs (US$33,245) overall to various Chief Minister Relief Funds (press release)
- May 14, 2020 - Toshiba group companies have donated approximately INR 1.95 crores (US$259,305) during the current crisis, towards the fight against the pandemic as well as other CSR activities approved by the government of India (press release)
- May 11, 2020 - PT. Toshiba Asia Pacific Indonesia extended aid to 12 villages located in Tanjung Jati and Cirebon, providing masks, hand sanitizers and other essentials to help the local community in the fight against the coronavirus.
- July 19, 2020 - Toshiba Tec Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. initiated a month-long Zoo Negara Donation Drive and raised RM10,800 (US$2,538) for the sustenance and upkeep of the wildlife in the zoo. During this challenging period that the zoo’s daily operations and ticket sales were affected, the funds will be used to support the food enrichment and veterinary care for the giraffes.
- March 24, 2020 - Toshiba Information Equipment (Philippines), Inc. donated personal protective equipment to essential frontline medical workers. The equipment was presented to various hospitals through local governments and the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA).
- May 11, 2020 – In partnership with the Singapore Economic Development Board, Toshiba TEC Singapore Pte Ltd joined 12 other companies in donating 100,000 KN95 masks and five tonnes of hand sanitizer to the Batam City government, in support of frontline healthcare workers in Batam, Indonesia.
- May 13, 2020 - Toshiba Carrier (Thailand) Co., Ltd (TCTC) presented food items to Bangkadi Municipal Office, Pathum Thani Province. The food essentials, including canned fish, sugar and rice, were delivered to people in the district whose livelihood have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. TCTC has been actively involved in CSR activities such as environmental education in schools for children in Bangkadi Municipality, and the company will continue to look for ways to support the community.
- May 22, 2020 - Toshiba Gulf FZE (TGFZ) ensured the safety of its employees, customers and visitors with a deep cleaning sanitization drive that included precautionary disinfection of the entire premises. This voluntary action reassured employees and won the appreciation of the Jebel Ali Free Zone governing body. (press release)
- May 6, 2020 - Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions Italia S.r.l. is supporting the front-line, essential workers who put their own lives at risk to protect ours. Employees are donating part of their paid vacation days to a local hospital, Vimercate Hospital. A donation equal to the paid leave amount will help the hospital to purchase materials needed to fight COVID-19.
- July 13, 2020 - Toshiba Africa (Pty) Ltd Continues Supports to LEAP School 3 Under COVID-19 Lockdown
- June 26, 2020 - Toshiba Air Conditioning UK have been chosen by TClarke Climate Solutions to supply the National Health Service in England with air conditioning systems for the Nightingale Hospital Exeter, England, which was built to provide care for patients suffering from symptoms of coronavirus.
- April 3, 2020 - Toshiba TEC U.K. Imaging Systems Ltd. released Coronavirus Business Update (updated July 29, 2020)
- March 20, 2020 - Toshiba Air Conditioning UK announced an update on coronavirus (COVID-19)
- July 22, 2020 - Toshiba America Inc. initiated an employee donation drive and has raised more than US$22,000 to support those impacted by COVID-19. The funds will be distributed to City Harvest of New York City and Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County, CA, two locations hard hit by COVID-19 and where the majority of these employees work. (press release)
- March 17, 2020 - Toshiba America Business Solutions COVID-19 Response
- March 13, 2020 - Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions COVID-19 Response