Presentations & Events
- ended March 2015 (For 176th Fiscal Period)
Presentation for FY2014 Q3 Results
For First 9 months and 3rd Quarter ended December, 2014 - January 29, 2015
Disclaimer: The contents of these presentation materials, key points of presentation and QA and audio data of presentation have not reflected on the restatement publicly announced in September 2015. As a result, because these information therefore contains inappropriate information to be used for investment decision, please do not rely on this information if you actually intended to trade stock. Toshiba Corporation assumes no responsibility for problems resulting from or in connection with use of the information.
- PDF [781KB/33 pages]
- * Video no longer available. (Availability: Jan., 2015 - Apr., 2015)
Key Points of the presentation
Net sales: Toshiba Group recorded significantly higher sales than in the year-earlier period, primarily due to growth in the Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions and Electronic Devices & Components segments.
|Net Sales||4,716.2 billion yen||(YoY: +184.2 billion yen)|
Income (loss): Toshiba Group recorded operating income of 164.8 billion yen in the first nine-month period (1-3Q), the highest ever for 1-3Q.
|Operating income||164.8 billion yen||(YoY: +9.6 billion yen)|
|Income before income taxes and noncontrolling interest||134.9 billion yen||(YoY: +41.5 billion yen)|
|Net income||71.9 billion yen||(YoY: +33.2 billion yen)|
- The Electronic Devices & Components segment recorded operating income of 177.7 billion yen in 1-3Q, the highest ever for a first nine-month period, even higher than the record seen in FY2013.
- The three main pillars of Toshiba's business, Energy, Data Storage and Healthcare, recorded a combined operating income of 254.8 billion yen and a return on sales (ROS) of 6.5%.
- For acceleration of structural reform of the PC business and foreign currency fluctuation, one-time expenses of 46.0 billion yen are allocated in operating income (loss).
- Income before income taxes and noncontrolling interest and net income also increased significantly YoY, reflecting a settlement of lawsuit and the positive effects of light asset management that has been promoted since the beginning of FY2014.
The debt-to-equity ratio was 112%, a YoY improvement of 16 points.
Toshiba will undertake a fundamental restructuring of Toshiba’s Visual Products business by ceasing TV development and sales operations in North America and licensing the TV business to another company. Toshiba is in discussion with candidates on promoting the same strategy for other global regions.
*YoY: year-on-year comparison
This Web site contains projections of business results, statements regarding business plans and other forward-looking statements. This information is based on certain assumptions, such as the economic environment, business policies and other factors, as of the date when each document was posted. Actual results may differ significantly from the estimates listed here.