- State change detection
- Numerical analysis
Technology for visualizing skillfulness using motion capture
Visualize the skillfulness of highly skilled workers by comparing highly skilled workers with beginners using motion capture and musculoskeletal simulations.
- Digitize human movement using inertial sensor motion capture.
- Estimate use of the body’s strength through mechanical analysis using musculoskeletal simulations.
- Visualize skillfulness by comparing highly skilled workers and beginners.
- Contributes to improving performance and passing on manual work skills.
- Task analysis and development for technicians; e.g., machining
Benchmarks, strengths, and track record
- Toshiba developed a method for visualizing skillfulness related to work motion.
- Applying the technology to a comparison of beginners participating in the Skills Olympics and the highly skilled workers who trained them, confirmed that improved skills result in movement with less impact on the body.
- Can also be used to quantify performance improvements before and after training.
Inquiries to the Corporate Manufacturing Engineering Center of Toshiba Corporation
Please include the title “Toshiba AI Technology Catalog: Technology for visualizing skillfulness using motion capture” or the URL in the inquiry text.
Please note that because this technology is currently the subject of R&D activities, immediate responses to inquiries may not be possible.
- Exploring the Secrets of Engineering and Maestro through Motion Capture, 2018/10/10
- Hiroaki Nakamura: Visualizing skillfulness using motion capture; The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Symposium; Sports Engineering and Human Dynamics; 2019, Oct. 2019 (in Japanese).