- Placement and Design
Design/manufacturing optimization (wind farm layout optimization)
Automate design operations using simulators.
- Automates wind farm layout design, considering cable connection costs, topography, distance, and strong winds occurring once every 50 years.
- Uses simulation optimization technology to simultaneously maximize energy production and minimize cable connection costs.
- Contributes to reducing design time for wind farm layout and increasing energy production.
- Wind farm layout design operations
- Can also be used to resolve problems in which optimum parameters or combinations are determined through repeated trial and error.
Benchmarks, strengths, and track record
- Enables design of layout with greater energy production in less time, compared to engineers spending several hours in design.
- Currently in trials as a design tool
Contact the Toshiba Corporate Research & Development Center
Please include the title “Toshiba AI Technology Catalog: Design/manufacturing optimization (wind farm layout optimization)” or the URL in the inquiry text.
Please note that because this technology is currently the subject of R&D activities, immediate responses to inquiries may not be possible.
- Daiki Kiribuchi, Takufumi Yoshida, Fuko Okayama, Kana Konno, Takumi Matsuda: “Wind Farm Layout Optimization Using Simulation Optimization Technology”; National Convention Record, The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, 3-025, pp. 38-39 (2022)
- Ryoko Hatakeyama, Daiki Kiribuchi, Tomoshi Otsuki, Kana Konno, Takumi Matsuda: “Integer programming based approach for wind farm layout optimization considering power generation and cable cost”; Proceedings of the 2022 Annual Conference of Electronics, Information and Systems Society, The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, pp. 576-580 (2022)