- Media recognition
- Sensor data recognition
Estimate camera’s position from photo based on background captured.
- This technology estimates the mobile camera’s position and pose by comparing to a database generated form camera images obtained in advance.
- The database is generated automatically from data measured using camera and LiDAR. Even without LiDAR, it can be formed from camera images by using 3D reconstruction technologies.
- Using deep learning in database referencing and camera movement estimation, this technology is able to accurately estimate positions.
- Autonomous movement of vehicles, drones, and robots
- Automation of maintenance and inspection services
Benchmarks, strengths, and track record
- Able to estimate positions from images alone, with an error of several 1 cm (indoors) to several 10 cm (outdoors).
- No need to install visual markers.
Contact the Toshiba Corporate Research & Development Center
Please include the title “Toshiba AI Technology Catalog: Visual Relocalizer” or the URL in the inquiry text.
Please note that because this technology is currently the subject of R&D activities, immediate responses to inquiries may not be possible.
- R. Nakashima and A. Seki, “SIR-Net: Scene Independent End-to-End Trainable Visual Relocalizer,” 3DV, 2019.