- Media recognition
- Media data analysis
Human detection/tracking (sports video analysis)
We developed the system that analyzes rugby plays from videos of the match.
- The system estimates the positions of the players and the ball, and then makes judgments on plays based on the positional relationships, in order to digitize the plays and the players’ running speed.
- The system is used by broadcast stations as a real-time CG synthesis function in program production.
- Sports program production support
Benchmarks, strengths, and track record
- Symposium on Sensing via Image Information SSII2017, SSII2018 Demonstration Awards
- 64th/65th Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers, Technology Promotion Award, Progress Development Award (Front-line Operation Division)
- 44th Hoso Bunka Foundation Award, Personal/Group Division; Broadcast Technologies
- 71st Motion Picture and Television Engineering Society of Japan, Technology Development Honorable Mention
Please include the title “Toshiba AI Technology Catalog: Human detection (sports video analysis)” or the URL in the inquiry text.
Please note that because this technology is currently the subject of R&D activities, immediate responses to inquiries may not be possible.
- Kobayashi et.al.; “Development and application of rugby video analysis system”; Interaction, 2018.
- Automatic tagging of specified plays or employee behaviors in AI-based video analysis. (Toshiba Digital Solutions Corporation) (in Japanese)
- Toshiba Clip: Creating strategies and strengthening players through the power of ICT: Contributing to the further evolution of Japanese Rugby! (in Japanese)
- Automatic recognition of players, with a 98.1% accuracy, using image analysis AI. (in Japanese)