Products that have acquired environmental labels
Toshiba Group presents its products with environmental labels, which provide environmental information, that we have acquired from third-party organizations, such as ENERGY STAR and Eco Mark.
- Copying machines, etc.(Toshiba Tec Corporation): ENERGY STAR, China environmental labeling, Eco Mark, etc.
- Elevator: EcoLeaf Environmental Label, CFP(Carbon Footprints of Products) Label
J-MOSS compliant products
The JIS C 0950 standard*1 allows electrical and electronic equipments*2 that are targeted by the standard and that contain specified chemicals*3 in amounts not exceeding the levels specified in the standard to be labeled with a Green Mark on their bodies or packages in accordance with industry guidelines. Toshiba Group has implemented necessary measures for target products.
- Official title of the standard: The marking for presence of the specific chemical substances for electrical and electronic equipment (commonly known as J-Moss)
- The standard targets seven categories of products: (1) PCs, (2) unit air conditioners, (3) television receivers, (4) electric refrigerators, (5) electric washing machines, (6) microwave ovens, and (7) clothes dryers
- The range of products eligible for a Green Mark is limited to products (currently, seven categories) that are required by the Law for Promotion of Effective Utilization of Resources to be labeled with marks showing the chemicals they contain.
- The following six chemical substances: lead, mercury, sexavalent chromium, cadmium, and two flame retardants (PBB and PBDE)
- Home air conditioners(Toshiba Carrier Corporation) (in Japanese)