Medium- to Long-term Vision
- Promote efficient use of resources in both business activities and products and services.
- Actively collaborate with relevant parties, such as industry organizations, government agencies, and other companies, in order to adapt our business models to the circular economy.
- Waste volume in business activities:
- Waste volume waste generated per unit compared to FY2020:
- Amount of resources saved in products*:
- Amount of the use of recycled plastics in products*:
Future Challenges and Approaches
Under the Environmental Future Vision 2050 and the Seventh Environmental Action Plan, Toshiba Group aims to contribute to the realization of a sustainable society by reducing waste volume in business activities, increasing amount of resources saved in our products and services, and recycling resources from a long-term perspective, while promoting businesses conducive to the circular economy.
*Cumulative total from FY2017.
Under the concept of the Circular Economy, Europe, and various other countries are currently promoting a rapid policy shift to an economic system that circulates resources without creating waste. The new system treats products and raw materials that have been discarded without being used in the linear economic system of mass production, mass consumption, and mass disposal as new resources. We, as a company, are required to use limited resources with care in our production activities and cyclically use resources to curb resource consumption and environmental impact.
Toshiba Group is promoting the efficient use of resources in both business activities and products and services by minimizing resource inputs in production processes in Japan and abroad, eliminating unnecessary tasks in manufacturing processes, thus simultaneously reducing environmental impacts and costs, as well as by promoting the 3R (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle) initiatives in products. In the future, we will actively collaborate with relevant parties, such as industry organizations, government agencies, and other companies, and consider waste as a new resource to circulate resources without creating waste, as a means to promote circular economy businesses that pursue a business model that increases both resource efficiency and corporate value.