Consideration of Ecosystems
Medium- to Long-term Vision
- Compliance with policies and regulations on chemical substance management in countries around the world
- Proper management of water resources
- Promotion of activities for biodiversity conservation on and off the premises of Toshiba sites
- The amount of chemicals discharged per unit
84% (compared to FY2013 level)
- Reduction of specified chemical substances contained in products: Completed the substitution of substances used in regulated products for the European market and continued control.
- The amount of water received per unit
93% (compared to FY2013 level)
- Activities for biodiversity conservation: Carried out activities to achieve the Aichi Targets at 61 sites worldwide.
Future Challenges and Approaches
Under the Environmental Future Vision 2050 and the Seventh Environmental Action Plan, we will contribute to the creation of a society where humans live in harmony with nature and continue to enjoy the blessings of ecosystems by promoting compliance with policies and regulations on chemical substance management in countries around the world, proper management of water resources, and activities to conserve biodiversity on and off the premises of Toshiba sites.
What we should not forget when we conduct our business activities is coexistence with nature. Our lives and well-being are supported by the blessings of nature. To continue to enjoy such blessings, we must recognize that humans are part of the ecosystem and work together to preserve them. At the same time, we must use natural resources in a sustainable manner so as not to exhaust or contaminate them.
Toshiba Group has its operational sites at a variety of locations around the world. Some of the sites are located in areas with high water risks, and others use large volumes of water and chemical substances for production. In addition, we use various chemical substances in many of the products and services we supply. Toshiba Group will contribute to the creation of a society where humans live in harmony with nature and continue to enjoy the blessings of ecosystems by promoting initiatives to conserve biodiversity on and off the premises of its sites, while properly managing water resources and chemical substances.