Medium- to Long-term Vision
- Compliance with policies and regulations on chemical substance management in countries around the world
- Proper management of water resources
- Promotion of activities for biodiversity conservation on and off the premises of Toshiba sites
- The amount of chemicals discharged per unit
87% (compared to FY2020 level)
- Reduction of specified chemical substances contained in products: Completed the substitution of substances used in regulated products for the European market and continued control.
- The amount of water received per unit
91% (compared to FY2020 level)
- Biodiversity conservation activities: Activities based on the five activity themes, including building of ecosystem networks and conservation of rare species, at approximately 60 sites worldwide.
Future Challenges and Approaches
Under the Environmental Future Vision 2050 and the Seventh Environmental Action Plan, we will contribute to the creation of a society where humans live in harmony with nature and continue to enjoy the blessings of ecosystems by promoting compliance with policies and regulations on chemical substance management in countries around the world, proper management of water resources, and activities to conserve biodiversity on and off the premises of Toshiba sites.
What we should not forget when we conduct our business activities is coexistence with nature. Our lives and well-being are supported by the blessings of nature. For humans to continue to enjoy such blessings in future generations, we must recognize that humans are part of an ecosystem consisting of functions of diverse organisms. At the same time, we must further strengthen initiatives to prevent the loss of biodiversity and degradation of ecosystem services.
Toshiba Group has its operational sites at a variety of locations around the world. Some of the sites are located in areas with high water risks, and others use large volumes of water and chemical substances for production. In addition, we use various chemical substances in many of the products and services we supply. Toshiba Group will contribute to the creation of a society where humans live in harmony with nature and continue to enjoy the blessings of ecosystems by promoting initiatives to conserve biodiversity on and off the premises of its sites, while properly managing water resources and chemical substances. With regard to biodiversity conservation activities, in order to prevent the loss of biodiversity in countries around the world and aim for the `Nature Positive` state in 2030, it is necessary to consider long-term policies and guidelines on disclosure, such as Science Based Targets for Nature, and Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD).