2. Cloud service that is easy to introduce
“SQBM+ Cloud on Azure Quantum” is a cloud service of Azure.
- Can be used immediately if you have an Azure account.
- SQBM+ Cloud on Azure Quantum uses a pay-as-you-go billing system depending on calculation time.
3. SBM adopting a new algorithm
SBM adopting a new algorithm that greatly improves speed, accuracy, and scale can be used in Azure cloud service.
The features of SBM are utilized to provide an Ising solver capable of handling Ising problems with up to 100,000 variables.
- Ballistic Simulated Bifurcation Algorithm (bSB): A high-speed algorithm for finding a good solution in a short time.
- Discrete Simulated Bifurcation Algorithm (dSB): A high-accuracy algorithm for finding more accurate solutions at a calculation speed that surpasses that of other machines.
- SQBM+ includes a function that automatically selects and uses one of the two algorithms listed above.
Price for “SQBM+ Cloud on Azure Quantum”
Two price plans are offered for “SQBM+ Cloud on Azure Quantum”: “Learn & Development,” which is limited to use for learning and development, and “Performance at scale,” which is available for commercial use.
A new classical mechanical method derived from or directly inspired by a calculation method based on the principles of quantum mechanics. Also known as “pseudo-quantum.”
Toshiba Press Release (October 2019): Toshiba Develops Proof-of-concept Device for Ultra-high-speed Financial Transaction Machine with Simulated Bifurcation Algorithm:
(May 2021): Toshiba and Dharma Capital’s Joint Experiment in Financial Markets to Verify the Effectiveness of a Quasi-Quantum Computer When Applied to High Frequency Trading:
Toshiba Press Release (February 2021): Toshiba’s New Algorithms Quickly Deliver Highly Accurate Solutions to Complex Problems -Breaks the limitations of classical mechanics by introducing a quasi-quantum effect Expected to accelerate complex problem-solving in finance, pharmaceuticals and logistics.- :
H. Goto et al., Science Advances 7, eabe7953 (2021):
A solver for quadratic unconstrained binary optimization problems based on the Ising model (a model in statistical mechanics that explains the magnetization behavior of a magnetic material by a lattice of spinning atoms).
ballistic Simulated Bifurcation (bSB). Given this name because its mechanical behavior is ballistic.
A machine with bSB mounted on a digital computer is called a “bSB Machine (bSBM).”