On the Protection of Personal Information/Specific Personal Information
Toshiba T1 Projects Corporation "Personal Information Protection Policy"
We will comply with laws and regulations and other standards regarding personal information. If TOP collects personal information from you, unless otherwise stated, we may use such personal data to provide, introduce, or inform products or services. In addition, if information is collected for the purpose of information analysis, processing, etc., we may provide or entrust it to a third party. (In principle, we will not disclose it to a third party without your consent.)
While maintaining the accuracy and up-to-dateness of personal data, TOP strives to prevent unauthorized access to personal data or the leakage, loss, or damage of personal data, and continually enhances and remediates information security management.
We protect, collect, manage and utilize personal data with an appropriate purpose and fair manner. We establish and maintain a system (Personal Data Protection Management Program) for this purpose and continuously improve it.
When TOP handles anonymized information, we will comply with the handling restrictions required by laws and regulations, process it to meet the standards, take appropriate safety management measures, and promptly disclose necessary information.
We respond sincerely and promptly to inquiries from customers concerning personal data or requests for disclosure.
Established: November 2, 2020
Toshiba T1 Projects Corporation
President, Takaaki Onishi
Toshiba T1 Projects Corporation "Specific Personal Information Protection Policy"
- Compliance with relevant laws and regulations and guidelines
- TOP handles specific personal information in compliance with relevant laws and regulations, such as "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" (Personal Information Protection Act) and "Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures" (Number Act), and with "Specific Personal Information Protection Assessment Guidelines (Business Operator Edition)" established by Specific Personal Information Protection Commission.
- Safety management measures
- TOP will take necessary measures to ensure that specific personal data is not collected, used, or stored beyond the purposes prescribed by law, and will implement appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, loss, or damage. TOP will delete individual numbers that have passed the statutory retention period.
- Contact information
- Inquiries should be directed from "Contact Us"
Definition of Personal Data
Personal data refers to information that can identify customers. Information that can identify customers refers to information such as customers' name, age, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail address, address, workplace, and inquiries, which can identify customers as individual by one or more combinations.
Definition of Specific Personal Data
Specific personal data refers to personal information that includes Individual Number or codes corresponding to Individual Number under Social Security and Tax Number System.
For the intended use of personal data handled by TOP, see Intended Use of Personal Information. For the intended use of specific personal data, see Intended Use of Specific Personal Information.
Intended Use of Personal Data
- Personal Data of Customers
- Responses to inquiries
- Execution of contracts
- Business negotiations or meetings with customers, etc.
- Personal Data contracted from Customers
- Execution of agreement on contracted operations, etc.
- Personal Data of Shareholders
- Enforcement of rights or fulfillment of obligations under laws and regulations
- Shareholder management as required by laws and regulations, etc.
- Personal Data of employees of Business Partners and Other Companies
- Communication, discussion, and other contact required for the execution of business
- Business partners' data management and processing of payments and receipts
- Personal Data of Employees
- Procedures for personnel, salary, human resource development, welfare, health management, social insurance, etc., and facility management
- Emergency communications, etc.
- Personal Data of Applicants for Employment at TOP
- Provision of recruitment information to and communication with applicants for employment (including internships)
- Management of employment-related data at TOP
Intended Use of Specific Personal Data
- Objective of Obtaining Personal Data
TOP will collect and use Specific Individual Number for the following purposes.
- Tax withholding related affairs conducted by employers under the Income Tax Act
- Individual inhabitant tax-related affairs conducted by employers under the Local Tax Act
- Employment insurance related affairs conducted by employers under the Employment Insurance Act
- Health insurance related affairs conducted by employers under the Health Insurance Law
- Employees' pension insurance related affairs conducted by employers under the Employees' Pension Insurance Act
- Preparation of payment records for remuneration and fees under the Income Tax Act
- Preparation of payment records of dividends, distribution of surplus and payment of interest on funds based on the Income Tax Act
- Preparation of payment records of real estate rent, etc., under the Income Tax Act
- Preparation of payment records of consideration for the acquisition of real estate, etc., under the Income Tax Act
- Affairs related to the above
- Scope of Collection
The scope of specific personal data handled by TOP in Individual Number related affairs is as follows.
- Individual Number of executives, employees, and dependents, and those managed together with the Individual Number, such as names, dates of birth, genders, addresses, telephone numbers, basic pension numbers, employment insurance numbers, etc.
- Individual Number obtained through the Individual Number related affairs pertaining to individuals other than executives, employees, etc., and those managed together with Individual Number, such as name, date of birth, sex, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.
Request to Customers
TOP can not be responsible for the security of your personal information on any other web site linked to TOP's web site. Regarding the protection of personal information on web sites other than our web sites, we recommend that you ensure the security of your personal information by checking or making inquiries directly.