Toshiba Digital Solutions Starts Offering a Function and Service Extended Version of the IoT Standard Pack Service for Visualization and Remote Monitoring of Industrial Machinery and Facilities
- Scalability and Ease of Add-on Development Enhanced Through the Use of Microsoft Azure -
August 30, 2018
Toshiba Digital Solutions Corporation
KAWASAKI, Japan—Toshiba Digital Solutions Corporation (TDSL) today will start offering the function and service extended version of its IoT Standard Pack Service for visualization and remote monitoring of industrial machinery and facilities. The extended version utilizes Microsoft Azure cloud platform and features a selectable menu structure that allows choices according to user needs.
The IoT Standard Pack is a cloud service that is based on Toshiba IoT Architecture SPINEX™. It was developed using the knowledge accumulated over many years by the Toshiba Group regarding the remote monitoring and maintenance of industrial machinery and social infrastructure systems. The IoT Standard Pack enables visualization and remote monitoring of the operational status of industrial machinery and the ancillary facilities of factories, buildings and plants.
Visualization and remote monitoring of industrial machinery and facilities requires scalability, to deal with increases in target machinery and bases, as well as the development of applications for the resolution of various business-related issues, such as the need to improve business efficiency or reduce manpower. What’s more, there are a wide variety of industrial machinery and facilities, and the technological requirements for deploying IoT also varies.
The new functions and services being launched for the IoT Standard Pack secure scalability through the use of Microsoft Azure. Users can start small and easily expand as needed. Furthermore, the new extended version enables users to utilize collected data and develop their own add-on applications, or link with various applications on Microsoft Azure. The product menu structure has also been improved from the existing “all-in-one package” to a menu from which users can choose the functions and services that they need. New functions and services have also been added. The extended version includes the process flow function, which enables remote monitoring of the running processes of industrial machinery and facilities. Others include the automatic distribution and backup function for edge software, the application development service for developing applications that meet user requirements, and the development support tools that will allow users to carry out their own development. In such ways, the extended version will offer flexible response to the various requirements of users, and offer strong support for improving the efficiency of operation and maintenance work as well as for reducing manpower.
■Key features of the IoT Standard Pack’s function and service extended version
- Scalability and ease of ad-on application development through the use of Microsoft Azure
- Realization of linkage with various applications on Microsoft Azure
- A product menu structure that allows users to select required functions and services in accordance with needs
- A process flow function that enables the visualization of the running processes of industrial machinery and ancillary facilities
- Automatic distribution and backup function for edge software
- A development service for edge and communication apps as well as cloud apps that are appropriate for user devices
- A verification service, which verifies users’ individual use conditions in advance, as well as a re-verification service for use after changes in use conditions
|IoT cloud infrastructure services||
|IoT edge infrastructure and edge basic apps||
|Device management and maintenance information management services||
By offering the IoT Standard Pack’s function and service extended version, TDSL will continue to support improvement of the efficiency of operation and maintenance work and the reduction of manpower through the deployment of IoT in industrial machinery and the ancillary facilities of factories, buildings and plants. Furthermore, TDSL will also expand functions and services to help industrial machinery and other manufacturers realize the provision of innovative services to end users.
- * Toshiba IoT Architecture SPINEX is a trademark of Toshiba Digital Solutions Corporation in Japan.
- * Other company names and product names in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies.
IoT Standard Pack